The Naked Songwriter Podcast #025
Experiments in Micro-Economics with Artist/Activist/Yoga Teacher Bear Hebert
Uranus in Taurus is going to radically reshape our societal values and change how we relate to money, food, and pleasure. The last time Uranus the Awakener transited the sign of Taurus, in the 1930s, a lot of bad stuff happened. Much of it involving money, food security, racial oppression, and the politics of scarcity. Why should this transit (2018-2025) be any different?
I tackle this question with one of my current favorite bloggers and grassroots/futuristic thinkers, Bear Hebert.
Bear teaches yoga in New Orleans. She’s a life coach who specializes in working with post-capitalist entrepreneurs. She runs a theater company. She writes a provocative blog encouraging healers and spiritual people to take action on social justice issues. (Her current life coaching program is titled “No Lazy Cowards”…) Listen to the podcast:
Find out more about Bear here. And check her list of resources to learn more about the themes we discuss on the podcast:
- The essay I wrote that started it all: Bear Teaches Yoga | Broke As A Joke: Lessons From Teaching Sliding Scale Yoga
- The Atlantic article that talks about the Boston College (not Harvard) study about the super rich still not feeling financially secure.
- Emergent Strategy by Adrienne Maree Brown.
- Charles Eisenstein’s book Sacred Economics is available free on his website (because he believes in a new economy too!).
- Hadassah Damien: https://www.
- Sophie Macklin: http://www.
- Money Witch: https://www.
The Naked Songwriter podcast currently happens twice a month, timed to the new and full moons. If you enjoy my unique blend of astrology, music, cultural commentary and inspiration for all of us who are creating rather than consuming, help me create more unique content by sharing the pod with your friends or supporting my work as one of my patrons. Let’s connect and conquer!