My publishing output over the last couple years has been rather sporadic. In 2019 I needed some time away to process some major life changes. Then, after Covid hit, I needed more time to reevaluate just about everything I thought I’d learned about the world.
I’m back to writing almost every day now. I plan to publish a fair amount of that here. I’ll also be publishing some of my more building-the-society-of-the-future writing on CosmicFire.org.
Pretty much everything I write now gets published in my Substack newsletter . You can check out the archive here: Exactly Where I’m At by DK Brainard. Or you could just sign up here:
I like Substack for a number of reasons (1) and I needed a fresh start, a blank slate where I can experiment and feel feel free to write about whatever is on my mind on any given day. This includes writing more fiction/creative pieces, commenting on the news and societal trends, sharing what I’m learning about free energy and the real history of the realm, highlighting writers and video essayists I like, and of course writing about music and astrology.
Please subscribe to my newsletter if you enjoy my work. It’s free.
Reasons I like Substack:
- There’s a cool social aspect to it. You can comment on posts and (at least with the writers I’ve followed thus far) people actually engage in civil discussion in the comment threads.*
- You get an email whenever a writer you subscribe to posts something new. BUT, each writer has a post archive on their Substack web page. Which means I can read the latest Matt Taibbi post in my email client. But if I don’t have time or I’m not interested, I can delete the email and know the article will be waiting for me on Matt’s Substack page if I decide I want to read it. Guilt free email deletion – what a concept!
- It’s a good way to discover and support independent journalists and people who write about what they love or what fascinates them because they’re so obsessed they can’t not write about it.
- For writers, it’s a great way to publish a free newsletter with archived content.
- It’s super easy to sign up for. Just type your email in the box and click the Subscribe button. It’s also super easy to unsubscribe.
* I’m disabling post comments on DKBrainard.com, so subscribe to my ‘Stack if you want to comment.